Listening to people whine about how stressed they are is staring to get old. I know life in 2005 is really tough…
– automobiles to get you anywhere you want
– microwaves, restaurants, Hot Pockets so you don’t have to actually cook
– money for anyone who wants it in the most prosperous country in the history of man
– information, mobile communication, multimedia, niche porn, etc… basically whatever you could possibly want
– gyms so you can work your fat ass on the human equivalent of the hamster wheel, simulating caveman hunting activity when man had to actually do more than call the pizza place down the street
“I had to stay at work an extra hour and come home and warm up some chicken nuggets. I missed The OC, omg. I’m so busy I hate life!”
“I can’t handle this house mortgage and Mercedes Benz car payment. Insurance is so high it’s just not fair! I can’t order a $13 Grey Goose Martini this week :cry:”
Maybe you just have need to move back in with your parents. Next time you’re about to say “I’m stressed”, think about saying the truth instead: “I’m unable to handle life.” Would you still say it?
If you put most people in a time machine back to 1900, they’d die within two weeks.